Monday, January 23, 2012

Something new

I was called to serve as the young women's ward camp director, yes you read this correctly me Jenny Horton who doesn't camp who likes to sit on the couch and read a good book or watch a great movie has been called to lead these girls in camp. I don't do fires I dont do tents I don't cook meals that are wrapped in tinfoil. Needless to say I am a bit nervous however life is about learning and growing so I can do this. The up side is I get to be with my Brooke and this year her and I together will be earning our young women medallion recognition, I never had a chance to do this in my youth so I am way excited. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and I know he is aware of me and loves me, he has given me the holy ghost as a CONSTANT companion and friend. I love that everyday I can become better and stronger as a daughter of God and then on the not so good days I can be forgiven and start again. I am so lucky to be a mom in my life I feel like at times I really can make such a difference in their lives. I love my husband and best friend Cory with all my heart and soul and I know he and I were meant to endure this journey together. I am grateful for my calling in the nursery sometimes we have as much as 18 kids in there and I think each Sunday I have kissed each one of their cheeks at least once. These perfect children are such a joy to be around and I love them. I am so excited about our families new years resolution we have been waking up at 6:30 each morning to read a chapter or two from the Book of Mormon and I speak for all of us when I say our days are better. The scriptures are powerful and they were written truly for our time. Most of all I am blessed today from my trials we all have them, we all must face these bumps and hard times in this life. As for me they have made me stronger still some days are much harder then others when I think about what I have gone through the heart aches but to know that what I am feeling my savior has felt also and I can focus on the life to come because it will come, this life is short and the next is forever.

5 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

I'm crying as I read this.........I'm so proud of you, Jen~~and believe me, Girl's Camp is more than tents and fire, it is soooooooooooo fun!!! prepare to sleep 24 hours when you get home!

take lots of pic's of you and Brookie!~

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

You are seriously going to be the best camp leader ever! I am totally jealous of those girls! You are also one amazing mother. I know that I have only gotten to watch you be a mother from a distance, but I can feel how much you love your children and the gospel. It is a journey and endure it we must :)

Cher said...

I am so excited for you!! Arise and Shine Forth. :) We will have to get together and exchange ideas. You will LOVE camp!

Taylor Family said...

I am so excited for you they picked the perfect person!!!! You will be so much fun. We love that you are in nursery because we know Kip is in good hands.

crazycranefamily said...

I bet you still bring a stash of magazines to girls camp LOL!!!
You will do an amazing job, and those girls are going to blessed. I think its awesome you guys are reading the Book of Mormon together in the mornings. We do it at night.....For the last 7 years! We finally are in 3Nephi. One day we will finish!